Beginning with our September 2021 classes, all students must show proof of being fully vaccinated in order to participate in class.
A couple links are below for your reference and Railtown is also under the advisement of a Health and Safety consultant
With clarity & more specifics from the BC Government & BC Post-Secondary Institutions, specifically regarding "Experiential Learning and In-Person Instruction" (including trades training), they advise we can conduct in-person instruction. We are strictly implementing COVID protocols as mandated for in-person learning, as per page 15 in the document HERE.
In brief, Acting is a Skilled Trade and in offering this instruction, Railtown Actors Studio falls under 'Education' and we are therefore governed by the guidelines for Occupational Health & Safety. These precautions allow us to provide the instruction we're known for on an in-person basis. All Railtown classes are adhering to the following Covid-19 protocols:
* Small, scheduled class cohorts (maximum 8 actors using two studios).
* Masks are mandatory at all times, before entering the building and in all areas of the studio.
* Students arrive 15 minutes prior to class in order to avoid delays with COVID protocols.
* Monitoring of individual temperatures on arrival. Please wait in the common building hallway outside the studio doors for your temperature check. There is no access to either studio for anyone with an elevated temperature.
* Actors must sanitize before entering either the Scene Study or Film studio areas. Railtown is providing hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes for all actors to use liberally.
* One-person occupancy for washroom use. In the event of a time-consuming line-up, the washroom keys provided also open washrooms on the other floors of the building.
* Thorough cleaning at the end of each class and disinfection of studios between classes.
Click HERE to view the BC Government website for more information.